Certain Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

God's with us and always will be...

The past few weeks -no months- have had their ups and downs, mainly spiritually. Oh, God has been speaking to me so much, so much and I thank Him for that. But with that comes attacks from the enemy, not only on me but on my friends. Just recently something happened that had to do with a friend of mine (actually a couple things that I will get to later) that has effected me greatly. So greatly that I would randomly break down in tears, feeling completely hopeless. I kept asking God, "Why did this have to happen? You have to give me strength or I'm not going to make it through and neither is she."
I kept praying, trying to get through the week but I couldn't do it. I finally sat down with my mom and things became a bit clearer. Though I didn't feel completely better, I felt like I could actually finish a lesson of math. As I was going on through my week, God kept reminding me of a poem I had written a few months ago for a friend of mine:

A True Friend

When it gets rainy,

I will be there to comfort.

Believe me, I will never leave you.

When society is beating you down,

I will be there to lift you up.

Believe me, I will never leave you.

You are worth more than the stars,

Shining brightly in the dark sky.

Believe me, I will never leave you.

When you start to fade,

I will help you find your way.

Believe me, I will never leave you.

Though I'm still slightly confused and upset, I know that God isn't leaving me, and He isn't leaving you either.

<3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect :)

The one and only said...

I LOVE YOU GRACI!!! We need to talk really soon!

The one and only said...

BTY The comment above is from me Isaac C Cleath Your BIGGEST fan! ;)

Graci Gilroy said...

haha thanks guys :) I love you too Isaac xD